Being Grown Doesn't Mean You Stop Growing

Being Grown Doesn't Mean You Stop Growing
Learning to grow in mind & spirit no matter how old you are

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring in My Front Yard






It's a beautiful spring day here. I love spring! I know, I know in the fall you hear me say I love fall! I guess what I love about spring is its beauty and comfortable warm air and sunshine. I love fall because the sun seems to move further south, casting a golden glow on everything. There are also the beautiful fall colors and most of all the sweet relief of the summer heat and humidity. Summer on the other hand is not my favorite time of year in our part of the country. It is hard to enjoy days, (No, make that months!) of temps in the 90s and humidity in the 90s also! I scurry from air conditioned place to air conditioned place or to a body of water!

Okay, back to spring, this is the time of year when our Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow bush has a profusion of various shades of purple flowers. It is named this because the flowers are a different color the first three days after opening. It is an evergreen here and blooms most of the year, but it is prettiest in the spring. It also puts out lots of baby bushes, which I'm relocating to various parts of the yard. The pink roses are Knockout roses. I've come to love Knockout roses. They produce a profusion of blooms mostly in spring & summer and don't require much watering or care. That's quite a feat for plants here! I've been thinking about putting in a brick walkway that will meander around the day lily bed. Ah well, enough daydreaming and planning. It's time for Maddie the Labs' morning walk and to enjoy another beautiful spring day.