Being Grown Doesn't Mean You Stop Growing

Being Grown Doesn't Mean You Stop Growing
Learning to grow in mind & spirit no matter how old you are

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lists



I am a "list" person. I have a habit of making a list of everything I do or need. It helps me to focus and get things done before my household and life turn into complete chaos. I get satisfaction from crossing things off when I finish. It's a sense of "Take that! You're conquered!" When you look at my fridge you will see grocery lists, my oldest grandaughter's school schedule & karate schedule, notices of upcoming events, recipes of things I want to cook and important business cards. The only 2 things on my fridge that don't apply to time are a Zits comic about teenagers, which gives my 13 year old granddaughter and me a laugh, and my 16 month old granddaughter's note (dictated to her mom) and a drawing made with the crayons I sent to her. (Thank you Naomi! It's beautiful!)
Yesterday, I started out early in the morning with just a few things on my list. By midmorning, I had composed a "full" page of chores! Of course, I realized it would take me days to get through this list, but when I finish there will hopefully be more of a sense of order around here. I find a lot of chaos can wear you down. I did accomplish a lot yesterday, but as you can see, I still have a long way to go. The biggest things I did yesterday were laundry, defrosting the freezer in the garage, bathing 3 dogs, skimming & cleaning our pool for the warm weather coming up, taking apart the pipe under the bathroom sink & unclogging the drain of Miss T's lovely long locks, and doing a general house cleaning. Of course Maddie the Lab needs to be walked twice a day to get rid of some of her "Lab" energy!
Today, I don't feel as ambitious, so I will tackle the things on my list that are either small things that don't require much time or things that I enjoy. Cleaning out and organizing my closet & dresser (my least favorite chore) can wait until tomorrow!
So, after spending some time this morning piddling around in my pajamas, doing things I enjoy, it's time to get busy.
I hope your day is good & your lists are short!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You are a busy woman! I think you deserve an easy day today! :)