Being Grown Doesn't Mean You Stop Growing

Being Grown Doesn't Mean You Stop Growing
Learning to grow in mind & spirit no matter how old you are

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm Back!

It's been a long time since I last blogged. A really long time. I thought I would share some photos from this morning's wandering around the yard.
Summer has finally loosened it's unbearably hot grip for the first time in months. The sky is a beautiful blue. The air is actually a comfortable temperature and the humidity is not smacking me in the face when I step outside. In the months of June, July and August, I dream of Washington State, Montana, even Alaska (anywhere where the temperature is below 80). I watched Miss T drive off to the high school. (Yes, Miss T drives. I said I hadn't blogged in a long time.) Minnie Mouse the Dachshund wandered around sniffing under bushes looking for lizards or bunnies or the neighbor's cat.

 I checked on the garden. The okra is finally starting to produce really well. We ate our first pan of fried okra a couple of days ago. I could eat it until it is coming out of my ears! My husband will pickle some of it and we will chop and freeze some for future batches of gumbo. Yum! Shrimp Gumbo!
 Okay enough wandering for now, it's time to get busy before the heat returns.

No comments: